Monday, October 24, 2011

Making my Heart Smile

     Had some car troubles last week, but they turned into a good thing...my brakes were making a funny noise so I took the car in an sure enough no brakes left!  But this is the first time I've had to do brakes on my car and it just turned over 100,000 miles, so somebody was watching over me...  Then I had a leak in the rear axle seal so I had to go to another place to get that fixed and they charged me less than they quoted.  Which was good cuz we went fun shopping while it was being worked on and I spent a little more than I had planned on, but we all know how that goes.  But ended up having a super day with my Niece, we ended it by going to lunch...yep a little retail therapy goes a long way in the feel good dept..  My daughter's cute hubz just got a good job and things are going well with his training, I have no doubt once they get to know him they will see what an asset he is and he will move up the ladder in no time.  My oldest Son and my beautiful daughter in law are going on vacation to see family and check out the job market there.  They are taking my grandkitten, Punkin and my grandpuppy Pearl with them, so it should be fun for all.  I have Doctor's visits where they live, so my brother and I will be staying in their place while they are gone.  They are due back right before we leave so I'll get me some boobalishous hugs from my daughter in law and some loves from my Son before we pack up to come home.  Not to forget my grandpets, I really miss them and can't wait to see how big they've grown since I left.  Nothing new to report with my baby Son, he's doing well with his job and tries to pick up extra shifts...I just wish he'd get a second part time job to fill in when his hours are low, but he is holding his own...sooo that's good for now.
     Had some fun times with my  Nephew's folks and their friend Terrie, she was visiting from Illinois.  We went to dinner at a Japanese restaurant where they cook at your table.  He made us all catch zucchini in our mouths that he threw at us! There were 7 of us and we had a blast, we celebrated my Nephew's folks birthdays too so they turned out the lights and served them ice cream sundays with a candle in them, everybody sang, it was great.  Plus my Nephew's Daughter came along, my Great-Niece and spent the night, so I got some quality time with her.  She is a huge Twilight fan like myself, so we've planned a marathon of Twilight movies before the big premiere of Breaking Dawn, part one.  And we need to stand out so we will be making shirts to go dressed to the nines in!  Sooo much fun even though she is team Jacob and of course I'm team Edward...makes it more interesting.  She is sooo sweet and thinks maybe I'll let her drive so we don't get lost, hmmmm I think I'll take my chances on getting lost at least until she gets her license!
     A couple of fun days and now the 'Fall Swap', shopping for a new friend-this is gonna be some fun, picking out things you like and hope they will enjoy as well...
Photobucket

2 comments:

Mamarazzi said...

it was such a fun day of shopping! Dinner with my in laws was a blast and i am so glad that you got to spend some fun time with J...she is a good kid and she is sooo excited about the Twilight junk!!

Miss Angie said...

So excited about the swap! I just got most of your stuff, and have a few more things before it's complete!

P.S. I hope you like your new blog design. :)