Saturday, October 22, 2011
Making my Heart Smile
The last two days have been so much fun! Thursday I was at Wally getting some light yellow flannel to make another crazy quilt (i haven't figured out how to post pix yet) when I got a phone call from a friend. The odd thing is I have no friends here, but after speaking for a couple minutes I knew I was talking to a friend. We ended the conversation discussing where the best fountain soda's were, anyone who knows me knows I loves my fountain Diet Pepsi! She came over an hour later to drop off a Stampin Up catalogue, I'd looked through the names of distributors and decided I liked her name best, come to find out she's in my Ward at Church too! pretty cool... She stayed and we all talked for a little while, Mamarazzi knows her as well. Well she hadn't been gone 10 minutes when she called again and wanted to know if I wanted to come over to her house and play that night! Uh, ya! I was there 3 hours, she showed me all kinds of new techniques, we made 2 cards and a 12x12 picture that goes in a shadow box. They make a new one every month and change them out. I made the Thanksgiving one so I'm gonna go out on a limb and do up a Halloween one by myself. I had too much fun, then she showed me these cute paper bag albums and my head was just spinning with ideas by the time I got home. I knew I'd never get to sleep I was soooo excited and I didn't... We had to get up early to drop my car off at a repair shop in Riverbank the next morning by 9a, I followed Mamarazzi over there then we went shopping! She is hosting a Fall Swap that I get to participate in so we shopped for items to go in our goodie boxes. Too much fun again... Also I picked up my shadow box at Michael's and it was 40% off, such a deal! We went to Chili's for a yummy lunch and came home and dropped, we both took naps! Tomorrow my nephew's folks are coming to town, so we'll be busy all weekend... Just when I finally want spare time, there is none, that's okay nothing is more important than family and this is my first opportunity to meet them, so I'm excited. What a couple of great days and getting a new friend in the process is wonderful... I wish for happy days ahead for you too!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Today was a TOTAL blast I cannot wait to put the final touches on our packages and send them off. I guess i should post the sign up for the swap huh? whoever we are matched with is gonna be sooooo lucky! :)
i am so HAPPY that you made a new friend and already had a super fun play date. I knew you and Mary would hit it off!
this weekend will be fun, you will love my in laws, they are supah cool.
Glad you found a new friend. Friends are always blessings!
Glad to see you have a new friend in your life. Wow and one that likes the things you love. Heavenly Father gives us a lift when we need one and have been obedient.
Love ya
Hal
Post a Comment