Thursday, October 6, 2011

Making my heart smile

You know those little things that happen to you or you see...well like someone else's puppies, a child's laughter, simple everyday things that can turn around a bad day. You could overhear someone saying something nice about you, those little unexpected surprises that come out of the blue to make "my heart smile" I text a goofy pix of myself to my Daughter, she text back it made her realize, she missed me more than she thought she could. That made my heart smile and eyes water for quite a little while. Today though two things happened, I finished a Pink and Yellow Crazy Quilt for a baby,(yes, I will attempt to post a picture of it tomorrow)BHS
And Coco, my niece's dog, who has had this love/hate relationship( me love her/her hate me)with me since I've moved in. It's been hurting me so badly emotionally,cuz I had to leave my true love Pepsi,in Fallon. I just love dogs but it has taken her so long(3wks-3days to warm up to me, she actually bit me in the face after I gave her kisses once. Well the song and dance is over, I have arrived, it's official she loves me now and treats me like one of the family, big Heart Smile! Nothing like some good doggie attention, scratches and kisses! Yes I'm still brave, no more biting. BHS
A couple things accomplished, been working on the quilt for three days. Many more to make they are so cute and fun.
So when you're feeling blue remember those little things that make your heart smile...then try to make someone else's smile!(BHS=big heart smile)
Photobucket

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love you Momma and think you are amazing!

Mamarazzi said...

i am soooo glad that Coco has finally decided to love you back!!

it really is the little things that make the biggest difference and remind us to pay closer attention to the happy.

keep looking forward, no looking back, so you don't miss all of the good stuff coming towards you!

Ladyfox said...

I would love to see a picture of all those cute quilts you've been making. Keep the posts coming!