Wednesday, November 16, 2011

I'm just saying...

Isn't it fun to meet new family!  How fortunate we are in these days of blended families that we get to keep increasing our family tree...sometimes there are snakes crawling in and about our tree that aren't really members but come connected thru other family members.  Now what to do about the snakes?  We can try to ignore them but sometimes they slither their way in just trying to mess a fun time up for no other reason than they were missing out on the 'other' family fun.  This makes me angry that we can't all act like reasonable adults in difficult blending situations.  Sure we wish we could split a person in two sometimes, but it just doesn't happen.  In my own set of circumstances I've had to swallow a lot of pride and I've secretly cried in the shower, just feeling sorry for myself, but never, never did I make my child choose between us their parents, sometimes there were 4 parents and sometimes 3, we are back to 3 as I have unfortunately not found that mate to spend eternity with.  That is my problem to deal with, I know all 3 of my children worry about me, but they worried more when I was still in my last relationship.  I wish my Daughter would worry less as I give her hives with her worrying about me.  I'm a big girl and I've got to figure it all out...
If you are in such a situation be the bigger person, have some class, make your catty remarks to yourself, not out loud or where your child might accidentally overhear them and then they will carry that burden.  Children should be carefree and happy, not stressed.  In my last relationship my stepson told his Father and I what ever he thought we wanted to hear...pretty sad that he couldn't be open and honest with us.  When his Father and I got together I couldn't quite figure things out, we even went to a premarital councilor.  He in my book was way off the mark for what he expected out of my children and the ages they were when we got together, they were not small children, my youngest was 17, his only child was 11, big difference.  When I finally got it all sorted out in my head, his father and I were already married.  His only child was afraid of him.  I never figured the ends and outs of it cuz the child spent little time with us.  He still to this day has very little contact with his father, sad.  He had a good relationship with my children, especially my daughter.  Because they did it out of respect for me and making my life easier.  But my former expected respect from them, well where I come from you earn respect, it's not a right.  He had no respect from them but he didn't know it, out of their love for me they never disrespected him, and sometimes he deserved it.  Enough of my former.
We have a big weekend planned with the whole 'Twilight" marathon going on in Hollister and it almost came crashing down because of one parents jealousy.  I've grown very close to this 'new' to me relative, she is my Great-niece and we get each other even though there are 39 years between us! and I just love her so much.  But it's going to be okay, I was super worried cuz we have other plans like making CHRISTmas cards and gifts together.  She is a sweet innocent young woman with a driving permit.  I can't wait to take her out driving someday soon.  In these blended situations try and think from the child's mind first.  A child can never have too much love...too much family...too much fun.  She's 16 and that leaves very little time left to be a kid...Now bring on Jacob for her and Edward for me, cuz we cute fun girls are ready.
Photobucket

No comments: