In my recent before life I had a dog and my Husband had a dog. These were mini schnauzer's. Dad and daughter team. My baby girl was Pepsi and had darker markings, Tucker started out typical salt and pepper and turned solid white and light gray. Beautiful dogs, very well behaved and just a joy to my life. When I originally thought about leaving, I was going to take Pepsi with me, well circumstances changed and for her and Tucker's well being I couldn't break them up. They would have missed each other too much. I on the other hand am missing Pepsi so bad that I have some serious crying moments. She was the dog you get once in a lifetime that just meets all your needs...she sat in my lap all day, she loved on me, she slept in either the knee-pits of my legs or right by the back of my neck. There is a lot to be said for dogs as companions. My son has one of Pepsi's puppies, a girl named Pearl, he said I could have her...they loved her sooo much but loved me more and would give her to me in a heartbeat. That is one of the kindest things anyone has offered me. I am not in a place where I can have a dog right now and it's not the right time for me to have a pet also. But I sit and dream of her too and cry, maybe someday the time will be right again. I love you Pepsi and Pearl and Tucker too....
My niece and her hubz have a chiwienie, she's a cutie...it took her a long time to warm up to me. Which was very odd as she is a very friendly dog. She even bit me, it took three weeks but we finally became friends. Good friends we are, but she is their dog and that just makes a difference. We play, she snuggles on the couch with me and a blanket and that helps but not much. I will deal with it cuz I am in this position because I made the choice to leave my husband and keep the dogs together and poor Tucker would have suffered without Pepsi's company. If you have a pet, they need to be completely a whole part of your family. No leaving a pet outside, that's not fair. This is my belief and I don't have the room for a pet and I believe the pet would suffer for my own selfishness. I try not to be selfish even if it hurts or makes me cry. I'm just saying...
No comments:
Post a Comment